Our vision is to influence children’s & students mental health wellbeing so they grow into happy & peaceful adults who impact the world with positivity.
South East Yoga and Wellbeing impacts the holistic wellbeing of children, students & educators in the early childhood education sector & schools with Yoga Play, Wellbeing Warrior & Wayapa Wuurrk Programs.
Through yoga & wellbeing incursions, professional development & mentoring we help you to embed programs that will enhance the wellbeing of the children & students in your care.
We aim to:
Hi, I’m Nic, owner of South East Yoga and Wellbeing. I am a parent to 3 big people, a lover of beach yoga and last time I went into an ice cream shop, I literally did a happy dance. Needless to say, I love ice cream!
As an educator of 30 years, I always believed sound social & emotional skills in children were a crucial aspect of their early childhood development.
When I discovered children’s yoga I realised it had so many benefits for children such as developing stronger emotional literacy, calmer minds, quieter bodies, greater physical ability, self regulation, enhanced focus and most importantly, self awareness. When we connect more deeply to the self, we are able to respond in a much better way.
If children feel good about themselves, they are more likely to thrive, try new things, become resilient & interact positively with others.
Ultimately they grow into happier young people and adults. This was the driving force behind why I was passionate about creating yoga programs specific to the early childhood sector. Following that I developed age appropriate primary & secondary school programs.
Nic’s professional experience
- Director & Area Manager of early childhood education services
- Early childhood services educator
- TAFE Early Childhood Education & Care educator
- TAFE Early Childhood Education & Care Placement Co-ordinator
- Yoga studio based children & youth yoga classes
- Meditation facilitator
- Office yoga programs
- Pre/ post natal yoga sessions
- Wayapa Wuurrk practitioner
- Playgroup yoga sessions
- Guest presenter at conferences & presentations
- VCAL educator
- Trauma Sensitive Yoga Melbourne
- Zenergy Yoga
- Byron Yoga
- Rainbow Kids Yoga
- Bliss Baby Yoga
- Mental Health First Aid Australia
- Melbourne Meditation Centre
- Wayapa Wuurrk Diploma
- Wayapa in Education
- Chisholm Institute
- Certificate IV TAE
- Associate Diploma Early Childhood
- Yoga Australia Children’s Yoga Committee 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022
At conferences and seminars, including:
- ECTA 47th Early Childhood Conference June 2022
- MindBe Preschool Mindfulness Summit March 2022
- Yarra Ranges Early Childhood Education Network, August 2018 & 2019, Feb 2022
- Campference – Nurture by Nature November 2021
- Playgroup Victoria, 2020/ 2021 postponed indefinitely
- Windermere, Family Day Care, October 2018
- Early Learning Association Australia (ELAA), May 2018
Yoga Australia Conference, March 2018